Tuesday, July 28, 2020

i tried going against my own soul's warning

I had a pretty great day, but I'm super tired and need to go to bed asap. I got up around seven and spent the morning alternating between doing some writing/meditation journaling vs. getting my house tidied up - my least favorite part of traveling (other than the possibility of getting the 'rona) is unpacking and putting things away, but I tried to tackle it as aggressively as possible.

I probably would have been more productive with the writing, or at least gone to the grocery store, if I hadn't gotten a grill delivery that took some time right in the middle of the day. The delivery was smooth but the grill is missing a knob, which they assured me they would drop off tomorrow - we'll see.

Then, a little after that, Katie came over and we had a delightful socially distanced dinner - we sat more than six feet apart, and we were generally quite careful about what we touched. She brought cocktails from Ash'kara, which were a delight; I ordered Indian food; and together we spent four hours going deep on all sorts of topics.

I could have kept drinking all night, but I have grand plans to write and run errands tomorrow, so that's the end of this post. Goodnight!

No comments: