Saturday, July 31, 2021

[insert olympic theme song here]

My mini retreat is already drawing to a close, and I should go to bed so that I can get some solid sleep before driving back to Denver in the morning. Today was nice, though - I got up and made some coffee, then wrote on the balcony for awhile. It was a cool, crisp morning, which is v. different from how hot Denver is, so I luxuriated in it. I spent the rest of the morning / early afternoon taking care of some personal tings, and then I made a breakfast sandwich, took a nap, and showered.

I spent the rest of the afternoon writing off and on - nothing particularly impressive from a pure word count standpoint, but I'm developing some much needed clarity on some of the issues these characters face, so I'll take it. Eventually, it was time for dinner - Barbara and I went to a place called Modis, which was surprisingly excellent. I had a snapper with some pineapple fried rice that was the opposite of what I usually order (I was going to go for steak), and it was top notch.

Then we came home, and I watched some Olympics (including a v. exciting men's 4x100m swim medley), packed up my stuff, and did some more journaling. And now, as I said, I should probably go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: