Tuesday, January 20, 2015

another shot of whisky, can't stop looking at the door

My cough is reaching rather epic proportions. I actually feel totally fine otherwise, but the cough + the general lack of breath meant that I canceled on Alyssa this morning...after I'd already driven to work and made the choice not to shower this morning because I thought I'd be training with her. Oops. But the lack of a training session in the middle of the day meant that I was quite shockingly productive this morning - I didn't get much done on Rafe and Octavia because I wasn't really feeling it, but I did day job stuff that will hopefully make the rest of my week more sane.

I spent the afternoon in meetings, gradually sacrificing my voice to The Man, and then I did a bit more work before meeting up with Jen, Joann, and Jane for our friendship renewal dinner. We went to Paul Martin's, which was pretty nice; the San Antonio Shopping Center area is completely unrecognizable from what it was in our youth, since the Sears store has been replaced by this fancy steakhouse-type place. But it was a great place for us to catch up for a couple of hours, and to laugh at a bunch of memories (including how much of a mess I was at Jen's wedding - which is really par for the course with me at weddings, since I tend to get weepy and then get way into the party afterward). Also, Joann and I continue to discuss our spinster honeymoon, which is going to be the most decadent trip in the history of spinster honeymoons.

But that's a story for another time - I must go to bed immediately so I can do this all again tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: