Thursday, January 15, 2015

i sneezed on the beat and the beat got sicker

Alyssa tortured me this morning, so I'm excited to see how I feel tomorrow...she had me doing kettlebell windmills, which were the exact exercise that another trainer in the gym had mentioned on Tuesday when telling a story about how his friend showed up drunk at his apartment while the trainer was doing kettlebell windmills, picked up a far-too-heavy weight to mimic him, and dislocated his shoulder. Heh. However, the weight I was using wasn't too heavy, even if the whole exercise is slightly ridiculous.

sssanyway, I then went to work, where I had meetings basically all day and felt like I accomplished absolutely nothing. Then I abandoned the office a little after five p.m. to have dinner with Joann (of friendship renewal fame). We're planning an extravagant spinster honeymoon to the South Pacific (this is the plan I referenced a few weeks ago, which I was invited on because I'm single/fancy/like beaches), so we discussed destinations and dates over some delicious foodstuffs at Shell Shock. If all goes according to plan, it will be quite ridiculous, but I'm looking forward to ridiculous.

Now, though, I need to sleep; I have to drive to the south bay tomorrow to give a presentation in person that I've been allotted exactly seven minutes for because they won't let me videoconference in for it, and you can imagine how thrilled I am to be doing this. But I'm leaving the south bay and returning home as soon as I'm able so that I can stop working (on day job stuff) and spend the weekend relaxing/seeing friends/sleeping/brainstorming. Goodnight!

No comments: