Wednesday, January 14, 2015

wanna put my tender heart in a blender

More of the same, more of the same. I got up super early, but I broke my vow and did work when I got to campus at 7:30 instead of writing (which I guess is also work), since I had meetings all day and several things that urgently needed to get done before that. But my work was accomplished in due course, and my meetings weren't all that onerous (and produced what may be my new favorite saying when someone, when I pressed for details on something was that he hadn't done yet, said 'it's in the cloud', which was neither true nor believable - sorry, that's probably not funny to you, but it was hilarious to me and another person in the meeting). And I had lunch with Heather (the Heather who used to work with me and Pete, not dear respected madam), whom I hadn't seen in like two years, and it was so great to catch up with her again.

Then I had more meetings, but I managed to get out of campus by 3:45 and into my apartment by five, which I'll totally take. And I did some brainstorming/journaling over wine and chicken skewers at my favorite greek place, which also helped me to relax since it's a decently-long stroll there and back. I should probably work tonight, but I'm refusing to fall back into my bad old habits (or, I'm totally a workaholic, but I'm trying not to let either job get too demanding compared to the other one), so I'm going to bed instead. Goodnight!

No comments: