Saturday, January 24, 2015

i'll find strength in pain, and i will change my ways

My cough continues to wrack my body, but I slept for eight hours last night, which was so glorious that I almost called in sick so I could keep sleeping. But I pulled myself out of bed and went to the south bay to train with Alyssa. It might not be fair to call it training since it was pretty low-key given my general lack of energy, but it was good to see her and attempt to move again.

Then I went to the office, where I took a couple of meetings, ate some lunch, and then promptly threw in the towel and drove home so that I wouldn't hit traffic. I took another couple of meetings from here before ending sometime after four, at which point I cleaned out the fridge and then took a v. necessary nap.

I probably should have canceled all social plans and kept sleeping, but I rallied and had dinner with Terry at Aix since I needed a steak frites fix and can't get it at Des Amis anymore. When we got home, I took another nap, and then I rallied again and went out for drinks at Upcider, so named because it's upstairs and serves mostly cider. But drinks (well, one drink for me) sapped the last of my remaining energy, so I left the group around midnight and came home to the comfort of my bed and the Mucinex I just bought at the pharmacy, which I'm v. much looking forward to enjoying. And now I must sleep so that I can consider Rafe and Octavia tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: