Sunday, January 04, 2015

that's a fine looking high horse

Vacation has abruptly come to an end, which I'm suddenly quite sad about. Today felt like a last breath before chaos strikes - I'm anticipating the next couple of weeks at work will be mostly ridic, given that it's the start of a new quarter and new year, and I also want to start writing Rafe and Octavia's story. But today was v. quiet. Perhaps too quiet - and I can blame that on the wine I had last night, which did no favors for my head this morning.

But I eventually rallied and met up with Claudia so that we could renew our love affair with Hong Kong Flower Lounge. Neither of us eat gluten anymore, but we took our chances with the rice noodle dishes (a far cry from the feasts of our youth, but better than nothing). It was lovely to catch up after the holidays, and the dim sum remains as good as always. I got home around 2:30, stared at my room in a stupor, and eventually finished unpacking and took care of a lot of laundry. Yes, I'm fascinating.

I stopped even that tentative attempt at progress to call my parents; we had nothing new to share since I just left home two days ago, but Sundays require calls regardless. Then I messed around a bit more before escaping the apartment and going to my favorite greek place for supper; if I hadn't left, I would have been tempted to take a nap, which would have wrecked me for tonight. So I ate some chicken and wrote in my journal while chatting up the bartender, and it was all a perfectly peaceful end to a quiet weekend.

But now, in anticipation for tomorrow, I'm going to read a bit and go to sleep early - wish me luck that the next quarter at work is better than the previous one. Goodnight!

No comments: