Thursday, January 22, 2015

when you're feeling low on love, i'll be what you're dreaming of

I feel surprisingly good considering that the cough woke me up a couple of times last night, to the point that I only got five hours of sleep...but I made it through the work day without dying, so that's exciting. I even made it down to work early, where I did some brainstorming for Rafe and Octavia before grabbing breakfast and watching our group's all-hands meeting with some teammates. This promptly devolved into a side conversation over instant messenger amongst some of us who'd gone to Frankfurt together, which was perhaps not entirely appropriate, but was hilarious enough to keep me awake and engaged despite the fact that I was already crashing.

But all fun things must end, so I spent the rest of the morning doing real work, and then the whole afternoon in meetings. All work must end too, though, so I cut out around 4:30 to go to a team happy hour. The team happy hour was supposed to be a giant group of people, but I arrive to discover that Dave was the only other person from our smaller team (part of the larger group) who had shown up. So we stood off to the side and drank cider and refused to mingle, as is our wont. Ravi eventually showed up as well, so we continued to gossip (er, socialize) until it was time to part ways...

...and then Heather (aka dear respected madam) picked me up, and we had an awesome dinner + time to catch up in Mountain View. I hadn't seen her since saying goodbye to her in Hawaii, which was far too long ago, and so we had much to discuss. But I eventually had to leave her so I could come home and hope to recover overnight. We'll see whether I sleep, but hopefully my exhaustion overrules my lungs and keeps me asleep so I can do all of this again tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: