Friday, January 30, 2015

if i could find a way to see this straight i'd run away

I may be exceedingly lame and go to bed before 10pm on a Friday night...it's been a long (albeit mostly good) week with not nearly enough sleep, and the thought of rallying and leaving my bed to pursue other entertainments is not giving me any joy at all. But today was a decent end to the week - I went to the gym, where Alyssa continued to press her nefarious kettlebell agenda, and then made it to work in time to take what may have been the most ridiculous meeting of my entire week. But I survived it, as I always do...

...and then I took one more meeting, grabbed a salad, and spent the next couple of hours in a conference room with several coworkers doing some desultory work and watching 'The Theory of Everything'. I'd brought champagne to contribute to the popcorn and cupcakes someone else had brought, and it was all generally lovely (even if we weren't paying close enough attention to the movie, given the fact we were all making various and differing attempts to work). After the movie was over, I did a bit more work, but I quickly threw in the towel and drove home.

On the way, I was thrilled to receive a call from Katie, who, despite being one timezone ahead of me, was trying to survive her last twenty minutes at work and had certainly not spent her 'work day' watching movies and getting free lattes. Sad. So, we caught up for a bit, which is never enough. Then I got home, tidied up, saw my aesthetician, and then met Kathia for a v. fancy dinner at Stones Throw, which is really only a stone's throw away from me (on the Russian Hill side of Van Ness), although I'd never been there before. The food was awesome - we split some charred carrots and some pork belly to start, and I had a striped bass that was totally great (I know, I ordered fish - I promise I don't have a terminal disease that led to such a strange choice). And it was great to catch up with Kathia over food instead of over our notebooks/laptops/lattes/stress like we normally do.

After that, I should have continued the party and gone to the Mission to see some other friends, but as I said before, I'm totally wrecked. So I'm going to go to bed and hope that tomorrow treats me right - goodnight!

No comments: