Thursday, January 29, 2015

i could show you incredible things

I somehow haven't had a complete meltdown from managing two jobs + my social life this week, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. Today was more of what I've reported before - oddly, I woke up at four a.m. and couldn't really sleep again, but I stayed in bed until my alarm went off at 5:40. Then I got ready, drove south, and was at work by 7:30, which gave me almost ninety minutes to brainstorm Rafe and Octavia. I was relieved to see that I'm still getting closer to a viable story line (as I believed yesterday) - and I spent some time today rereading some scenes from Thorington's book to see what I've actually locked myself into vs. what I *think* I've locked myself into (good news: I was so fucking vague in the last book that I can do almost anything in this book). So that's a relief.

sssanyway, productivity was somewhat interrupted by coworkers bearing gifts of bacon, but bacon makes everything better, so I forgave the intrusion immediately. Then I spent the morning being productive, the midday enjoying lunch in the sun (there are benefits to California, despite its atrocious cost of living), the afternoon slogging some more (including leading a totally ridiculous discussion about whether or not to have cake on individual birthdays vs. in team meetings, which was as much of a clusterfuck as I expected), and the evening waging war on the highway against my 100-min commute.

But it all ended on a positive note - I had a lateish dinner with Lauren (aka Subz) and Terry at Troya on Fillmore, which was totally perfect. We had a lot of delish Mediterranean food, and we split a bottle of wine, which of course means I probably had two-thirds of it. C'est la vie. And now, after a lovely evening, a lot of ridic conversation, some mild flirting with our Lyft driver, and not enough post-dinner rehydration, I'm going to bed so I can repeat this again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: