Monday, January 26, 2015

let me live that fantasy

Ah, Monday, how I loathe thee. I actually made it out the door by 6:30 this morning despite last night's (mild) debauchery, and so I had an hour to write at the cafe on campus before my first meeting of the day. And I maybe, kind of, had an idea for Octavia that I didn't totally hate, although it's still too early to say whether I will continue to not hate it in the morning.

Thus feeling somewhat accomplished and highly caffeinated, I progressed to my building, where I had several hours of meetings in the morning. Then I canceled on lunch with Jenni and the Heathers (that sounds like an 80s band) because I had too much work to contemplate leaving my corner of campus and socializing for the ninety minutes such an endeavor would have taken. I then had more meetings from 1pm to 4pm, but at that point I was totally over it, so I snuck out (and by 'snuck out' I mean that I said goodbye and waltzed merrily out) and drove home.

I was rewarded for my slackerness; the drive only took an hour, which is nearly miraculous. When I got here, I did another hourish of workish, and then I abandoned all screens and walked up to Lafayette Park and back down. When I had returned to the lowlands, I abruptly went for sushi in my neighborhood, where I enjoyed some tasty fish while unexpectedly exchanging chat messages with Walter (aka Harold, aka the Talbotross), who seemed to be in fine form (and whom I hadn't spoken to in months). Terry ended up joining me late, so we caught up while we waited for her take-out order before heading home.

And now I must sleep so that I can try to write again tomorrow before work...wish me luck. Goodnight!

No comments: