Friday, January 16, 2015

shaping up and shipping out

The illness that has been lingering on the edges of my body for the last week hit me today, fulfilling all my hypochondriac fears. Sadly, I had to go to Mountain View for my seven-minute presentation, but the drive down was fine (and I didn't leave home until eight), I got a decent breakfast and lunch for my troubles, and I drove Chandlord home with me at 1pm, so that was all just dandy. Then I sat at my desk at home and worked for a couple of hours before deciding that work wasn't helping my recovery.

So I sat on the couch, drank some coffee, and read a bit of a book on the many and varied languages of rural France in the period between the Ancien Regimé and WWI, as one does when one is sick. But I rallied to have dinner with Terry, which was good even if I wasn't feeling well enough to continue on to the birthday party she was going to.

And now, in deference to my sore throat and my advanced age, I'm going to bed - goodnight!

No comments: