Wednesday, January 07, 2015

you appear to face a decision i know you fear

My body is completely unaccustomed to getting less than nine hours of sleep, so getting ~7 for the last three nights has been quite destructive. Luckily I'm working from the SF office tomorrow, mostly so I can sneak out and get a facial before having dinner with Kathia, and so I'm destined to get more sleep (if not better sleep...I think I need a new mattress).

But even though I'm super tired tonight, I had a decent enough day - I got to work in time to write for an hour over my latte, and my ideas were coming a bit better than the other day when I thought of making Octavia a woodworker, so that was good. Then I had a breakfast meeting, followed by some work time, followed by a team lunch at a new part of campus (verdict: food was good, conversation was ridic - I'm beginning to realize that while it's nice to be part of such a stable group, there's danger in everyone getting to know each other too well). I then had meetings straight from 1:30 to 5ish, did a bit of work, sat in traffic for a long time, and ate a frozen enchilada for dinner to cap off a whole day of sugar-rich attempts to stave off exhaustion (#protip: that never works).

Now, though, I must sleep and try to recover - goodnight!

No comments: