Friday, January 09, 2015

check me in and check me out

Today, like most days, is likely supremely uninteresting to you. I woke up around 6:30 and spent an hour or so making slides before driving to the glorious south bay to train with Alyssa. Unfortunately, traffic was suboptimal, and so I was fifteen minutes late; also unfortunately, I was weirdly tight and was having trouble with my form on the kettlebell snatches, but I think I survived. Then I went to work, showered, had a meeting to present the slides I'd made earlier, grabbed lunch, and then met a coworker for coffee to discuss some work stuff in a more congenial atmosphere than our cubes (although my flashing disco desk makes my cube v., v. congenial!).

But I was able to wrap everything up by two, and I promptly left to return to the evil city. Once here, I got my bangs trimmed and my brows waxed before coming home and taking a v. necessary nap. Terry and I then adjourned to dinner, which was a very long, very protracted sushi affair at the place around the corner, which makes excellent sushi v. slowly. Because of the (lack of) speed, I had two glasses of wine + most of Terry's second glass, so I came home in a lovely mood.

Now, though, sleep beckons - I'm meeting Kathia to write in the morning, and I have high hopes of getting my room into some semblance of order this weekend, so all that progress needs to happen. Goodnight!

No comments: