Tuesday, January 06, 2015

you got me begging for thread

Today was v. similar to yesterday, all things considered. I left the apartment by 6:20, and so I was able to squeeze in forty minutes of coffee drinking / brainstorming (the priority of those should have been reversed, but Rafe and Octavia are in early days and I'm still totally lost as to what to do with them) before beginning my meetings for the day. I had quite a few of them, but not so many that I couldn't catch up on email while hanging out in the couch area. And while I'm only two days into the new year, they were two better days in a row than I had in most of November/December, so I'll take them.

But maybe they were better because I left again at ~4:30 and spent the evening being pretty quiet and hermity. I got home a little before six, and I intended to look up books about Napoleonic spies, but I got sidetracked by looking at flights to India and Tokyo - it looks like I might have to go to India/Tokyo for ten days, leaving approximately four days after I get back from spending a week in NYC in February, which pretty much screws my whole vow to travel less in 2015 since I'm going to be out of commission for most of February. Lol.

sssanyway, I didn't really care that much about booking a flight tonight, so I abandoned my laptop and grabbed dinner while reading a bit about the French/British/Spanish/Portuguese battles in the Iberian Peninsula in 1807(ish). But the book I'm reading is too heavy on battle tactics and too sparse on high jinks, and it's high jinks that might inspire me for Rafe's character rather than tales of incompetent generals ordering suicide charges up steep ravines. So I tried to find more books about spies and drew a big blank. This might require some quality time at Stanford library in the next couple of weeks, if I can coerce myself into spending an evening there when all I want to do is go to bed early.

Speaking of, I need to go to bed right now so I can repeat these wondrous feats tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: