Thursday, June 25, 2009

and watch the stars fall from the sky

I should have gone to be by now, even though it's only 9:42 and I'm too young for this bullshit. But, I was looking at dresses online; even though I've had the dress I intended to wear to the Golden Heart ceremony for a month, I think I'm going to take it back and find a different one. I still haven't shortened the straps (beaded = difficult), but I realized when I took the photo of it for the blog a few weeks ago that flashes render the blue overlay transparent so that all you really see is the white stain underskirt. That means the dress will look its worst when I'm getting my picture taken -- and while I harbor hope but not illusions about my chances, I don't want to look totally awful when I inevitably get Terry to take my picture at the awards ceremony. So, it's going back, and the pressure's on this weekend to find a new dress!

I had a decent day at work, made even better when I skipped out slightly early to catch a 5pm showing of "The Hangover" with Joy, Chris, Natasha, Kevin, and Ashley. It was *absolutely hysterical*. I loved it because it was just so offbeat and insane; in fact, I laughed so hard that by the time I left the theatre, I felt like I was hungover myself. That made teh drive back to the city less than pleasant -- but the movie is definitely worth seeing.

That's all for tonight -- tomorrow's another brutal slog, followed by the Search for the Dress pt. 2, so I should really get some sleep. I'm still not 100% health-wise; while I'm not as congested as I was, I still sound sick, and I'm starting to develop a cough. Hopefully I'll get enough sleep this weekend that I'll erase some of my symptoms. But, like any octogenarian, I'll keep you apprised of my latest health issues, so you can rest assured that you'll know when I recover just as soon as I do. Goodnight!

No comments: