Monday, June 29, 2009

wait for it to crash and burn

I have the worst headache -- I'm probably dehydrated, but I will stubbornly pretend that it's just a headache. I made it to work at 7:30am this morning, only to find that my 8am was canceled - but as this allowed me to get some stuff done, I was surprisingly happy that I had been duped into coming in early. I slogged through the day, but it was actually quite nice. I spent a few minutes catching up with Sarah (one of my oldest coworker-friends, in town from Singapore), then had an extended lunch with John. I slogged for a few more hours, and then cut out early to have dinner with my fellow managers. Pete, whom I adore, is leaving the team tomorrow, and so we had one final dinner with him before he abandons us. It was quite nice, and then I got to chat with him some more on the drive back up to the city, but the upshot of it all is that despite the awesome day I had, I'm still tired and in need of my cozy bed.

Okay, this is the most depressing post in recent memory, even though things are actually going quite well. Sleep will make everything better - check back tomorrow for better tidings!

No comments: