Tuesday, June 16, 2009

the sun also rises

For some inexplicable reason, I'm in a really good mood, and I'm not going to question it for fear that a dose of reality will ruin it. Given that I spent almost eleven hours at the office today and didn't get through nearly enough stuff on my plate, I should be miserable. But, I had some great meetings, had a fun lunch with Gyre, and managed to take myself to Cafe Borrone (home of the yuppies and the delicious overpriced gouda/turkey/caramelized onion/focaccia sandwich) and write for an hour and a half. Since I want to finish my last set of edits on my first book this weekend, writing tonight was vital.

So I'm proud of myself for being productive, but I unfortunately sacrificed my errands to work on my writing; this means I have no food in my fridge and no clean clothes. I did stop at a 7-11 to buy fresh milk for my morning tea, and if I can subsist on canned soup, popcorn, and frosted flakes for dinner this week, I might make it to the weekend without having to go to the grocery store. I also need to make sure I stay as productive as possible at the office this week so that I can continue to write in the evenings so that I might just possibly free up some time to hang out with friends this weekend. Whether that happens remains to be seen, but for now I'm going to go to bed!

No comments: