Saturday, June 20, 2009

you've gotta be stronger than the story

Despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I'm getting sick and I have more stuff on my to-do list than I can possibly do this weekend, today was a great day. I made it to work for my eight a.m. meeting, and survived a string of meetings straight until 3:30pm. This included a nice lunch with Mahin, an entertaining conversation with Natasha (after which I felt that we both needed to just hug it out, even though she had just worked out and was sweaty), and some other delightful one-on-one activities.

Following all that, John convinced me to go to TGIF for the first time in ages (it's my company's weekly Friday afternoon gathering). But, we didn't make it in the door; unbeknownst to me, there was a fancy wine-tasting even on the main patio, in which multiple delicious, v. expensive wines were served free of charge by vineyards who were hoping to lure us into making purchases. I think I tasted five wines, all of which were quite delicious, and I also met my friend Jason's aunt, who owns one of the wineries featured at the tasting. John and I sat in the sun for an hour, and it was all very surreally lovely.

I decided to go to Cafe Borrone for a sandwich, and I intended to work on zee romance novel, but instead I read a romance novel on my Kindle. I finished it when I got home, and I quite liked it; it was a retelling of the Beauty and the Beast fairytale, which is my absolute favorite story, and so I'm glad that I took a break to read it even if I feel guilty for taking the break. Work will come soon enough tomorrow, though, and hopefully I'll feel better for it. Goodnight!

No comments: