Monday, June 15, 2009

can you feel the love tonight?

I certainly can't -- I got home about half an hour ago, and I have a seven a.m. meeting tomorrow :( It's not a nice way to come back from vacation, particularly since I have multiple pressing deadlines tomorrow and didn't do any work while I was home. So, I'm going to go to bed now in an effort to get up super early tomorrow and get some stuff done.

I wasn't ready to leave Iowa, but I made it to the airport anyway; I spent the morning packing, had a quick midwestern lunch (barbecue pork sandwich, potato salad, and chips with my favorite french onion dip), and then went to the airport with my parents and brother. We made it right on schedule, only to find that my flight was delayed by twenty-five minutes. So, I waved goodbye to the family, sat and waited for my flight, and then spent much of the flight reading the latest NEW YORKER on my Kindle (I downloaded it because they had a long article about Nora Roberts). I was worried about making my connection in Dallas, but due to some lucky gate locations, I had just enough time to grab a latte before boarding my flight.

Then, sadly, we had to deplane because there was a pressurization issue. We sat in the terminal for another half hour, which was long enough for me to eat McDonald's chicken strips (I haven't had McDonald's for ages, but I love chicken tenders). Then, we reboarded, and I spent the flight to San Francisco working on zee romance novel.

This week promises to be rather hellish, so hopefully I shall survive it. But, there's no time to dwell on it now -- it's time for bed!

[Editor's note: my brother called me out on an inaccuracy in my previous post. The men who may or may not have ogled me while I jumped up and down on a trailer yesterday were not playing poker in the trading post -- they were playing poker in the "game parlor", which is in a small building next to the trading post. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.]

No comments: