Thursday, June 11, 2009

in scotland, gravel is considered a condiment

This is something like a four-minute post. All things considered, 11:30am was an early start to the day, since I went to bed last night after four a.m. And, by comparison, going to be tonight at one a.m. is another great accomplishment.

Being at home is sort of like Christmas every time, even if there are no presents in my immediate future. I tend to leave random things here (toiletries, articles of clothing, shoes, books, etc.) in the mistaken belief that a) I will remember what's here and not bring more identical items home, and b) I come home often enough to need this stuff here. But, it's always fun to see what's here; while I made a list last time of the toiletries that were here, I didn't document the clothes. And my current pajamas (a pair of pink candy-striped capri pants and a grey tshirt given to me by my employer back in the hey-day of free swag) are items that I thought I had given to Goodwill long ago. The best, though, is that I brought home seven pairs of shoes (and bought a pair of flipflops at Target to play minigolf in, since I was wearing my moccasins and my dad had already wrapped and duct-taped plastic around my bag so that it could ride home in the back of his truck without getting wet). Why did I bring seven pairs of shoes? I left the house today for the first time since Saturday, and so I have absolutely no need for this many sandals.

Anyway, I spent the day running errands, working on the romance website, and taking care of some other stuff. Then, my mom and I went to a meeting of our secret society; given that it is focused on women's education and the community, it's not exactly scandalous, but I like to pretend otherwise. So that was all very nice -- and now I desperately need to sleep, since the preparations for Aunt Bridezilla's wedding will get more intense tomorrow. Goodnight!
(oh and ps, the title is something that Craig said tonight. love him!)

No comments: