Sunday, June 07, 2009

take me back to constantinople

I had a great day today; the only fly in my ointment was that I had still not recovered from the lack of sleep the night before, and so I inadvertently took two naps. One was from 11:45-12:40, when I should have been taking a shower; the second, even more embarrassingly, was while I was sitting on the couch with my nieces and nephew. This is yet more proof that not only do I not have any problem whatsoever falling asleep when I'm full of caffeine, but I can actually fall asleep in the most non-conducive situations.

My sister and her kids came over for lunch, which was delicious (hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, and chocolate cake for Allie's upcoming thirteenth birthday). We spent the afternoon hanging out, and I seem to recall promising Zane that I would blog something about him, but I think I made the promise as I was falling asleep, and now I can no longer remember what that thing was. I'm a horrible aunt. Perhaps I'll be a better great-aunt; Sammi's baby is three weeks old, and I got to hold her for awhile (although she slept through virtually the entire afternoon). I will say that, while the kid is cute, I'm very glad that I don't have a child of my own -- someday I will get the urge and it will be bad, but right now I like not having any responsibilities.

After they left, I accomplished nothing, then ate dinner (my dad made some rotisserie chickens on his super-duper new grill, and my mom made potatoes that looked like they had been boiled in butter). I saw a raccoon on the back porch, but it was raining and so my dad gave the coon a reprieve. Then, Michael and I watched some videos on YouTube; the best video, hands down, was the opener of a Craig Ferguson episode that I missed earlier this week. It's another one where he lipsyncs and dances to a song, and you really must watch it:



Goodnight!

1 comment:

f...... said...

The sad thing is that I watched this when it aired. The human and puppet choreo were excellent. Now that I've seen his stand up stuff live, I'm determined to witness a taping of his show... road trip?

p.s. Seeing the ridiculous dude in a fez reminded me that at some point, I think I'll pick up the accordion... or if I'm really crazy, the concertina.