Sunday, June 21, 2009

little did i know

I'm exhausted and falling asleep with my computer on my lap; I should have gone to bed ages ago, but a) I was being productive and b) my nose is plugged up, which makes falling asleep less appealing than it might otherwise sound.

I was supposed to have Lauren (aka Subz) and Nathan over for dinner tonight. And, for most of the morning and early afternoon, I proceeded as planned -- I did three loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen ad the bathroom, and finished unpacking from my trip to ye olde Iowa last week. However, by 2pm it was becoming clear that not only was I not getting better, but the least amount of exertion caused me to break out into a sweat. Feeling that this was likely not a good sign (particularly since what I intended to make required clean bare hands; I do wash my hands, but there's more risk of passing whatever this is off to someone else if I make them food. I would have to be called Swine Flu Sara if I were to become patient zero in an even fiercer global pandemic.

So anyway, I cancelled on Lauren, much to our mutual regret. I then spent the rest of the day reading, napping and working on edits of the first romance novel so that I can get them off to my agent. I think I'm done, barring any further desired changes I may discover when I give it a final proofread tomorrow. I will spend tomorrow proofreading, coming up with blurbs for the next two books, perhaps coming up with a new title, and also putting together slides for a director-level update I have to give on Monday. Aren't y'all envious of my stunning social life? Hopefully this cold or whatever it is will go away so that I might be more inclined to see people -- but I'm not holding my breath (mostly because I can't take a breath, ha). Goodnight!

No comments: