Wednesday, June 24, 2009

i can't stop playing with you baby

I need to go to bed immediately, but I got sucked into romance novel stuff, which is unfortunate for my ability to function tomorrow. Work was good today; while I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, I had some nice meetings and was reminded yet again how much I like my team. I also got my first free schwag in several months; schwag used to flow like water through the halls of my employer, but it's been cut back in an effort to demonstrate fiscal prudence (bah!). The schwag today was an insulated lunch bag -- nice in theory, but we all get free lunch every day. This of course led to the conspiracy theory that the bags were a precursor to losing free lunch so that we would have something to bring sandwiches in, but given the utter mutiny that would ensue if that happened, I feel fairly confident that the lunchbags are merely a gift and not a harbinger of doom.

After work, I went to a cafe for half an hour to brainstorm titles for my book, and then met up with Chris and Natasha for dinner in downtown Mountain View. We had a fabulous time talking about books, weddings, movies, etc., and I may see "The Hangover" with them tomorrow night if I can get myself out of work on time. But to do that, I need to get there on time, and to do that, I need to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: