Tuesday, June 02, 2009

swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis

This needs to be a four minute post. While I'm in a much better mood now thanks to a fabulous dinner, I had a pretty awful day at work; by the time I left, I was exhausted and inexplicably close to crying (of course, I didn't cry, because my heart is too cold to permit liquid tears, but if I had a real heart, it would have happened). Actually, nothing happened any different than any other day, but I'm just exhausted and feeling pulled in too many different directions.

But, I picked up the black maxidress that I had dropped off to get shortened to my substandard height, talked to my parents, and then had dinner with Tolu, Lizzie, Jane, and Jen (the special guest of the night, since she was back in town for a few days after finishing her first year at Duke's MBA program). We all started within a few weeks of each other waaaaay back in the day, and Tolu and I are the only ones of that crew left in the California office of our current employer. It was exactly what I needed, even if the other critical piece that I need is sleep and now I'm not going to get enough of it.

That's all for now -- oh, and I got my Kindle tonight! I've already downloaded a book; this is clearly a dangerous, dangerous purchase, and I love it already :) But no more; I have a seven a.m. meeting tomorrow, so sleep is necessary. Goodnight!

No comments: