Saturday, June 13, 2009

take my hand, we'll make it out of this mess

Well, Aunt Becky is successfully hitched to Uncle Brian. The wedding was v. lovely, and the reception afterwards was quite a party. The bride looked gorgeous, the groom looked happy, and a good time was had by all.

I would love to explain this all in a lot more detail, but I'm far too tired and I need to go to bed immediately if I'm going to make it into town for breakfast tomorrow morning before continuing the cleanup at the barn. Suffice it to say that the barn did not fall down, the food was excellent, and I wore the teal dress (dress #2) before switching into more country-appropriate clothes after dinner was over. Since the wedding was a mile from our house, it was quite easy to go back and forth, particularly since I refrained from getting very far into the Templeton Rye (a whisky-type drink that was incredibly smooth; after my Three Wisemen shot that Adit bought me on a fateful night a few years ago, I can't drink whisky, but this was quite good). And I saw all sorts of relations, many friends and acquaintances from the area, and met several of Aunt Becky's friends who have been forced to listen to stories about me over the years. So, that was all very fun, and I'm happy for Aunt Becky and our new uncle.

But, tomorrow promises to be more work as we get everything out of the barn and hauled back to our house. Hopefully I'll get to spend a bit of time with my family (and by that I mean the people who live in this house) tomorrow afternoon, since I leave for San Francisco on Monday :( It's too bad, but c'est la vie; I'll just have to make sure I get back here once before Christmas, since six months between visits is too long.

Okay, that's all -- wish the person next to you a happy Aunt Bridezilla day! And now, it's time for bed.

No comments: