Wednesday, March 24, 2010

detroit rock city

This is a four-minute post. I'm not in Detroit, but I am in Ann Arbor, which is about as close to Detroit as I would ever want to get. My flight out here was delayed by over two hours, which ultimately was worth it; because the flight was delayed, some people rebooked, which (due to my zealous stalking of the online check-in process) meant that I was able to switch into an aisle seat that someone else had vacated, thus rescuing myself from the hell of sitting in the middle. I would rather be delayed two hours than sit in the middle, so it all worked out. It also meant that I got to do even more work for the big boss than I expected, since we didn't end up leaving the office until 1:30, and we were originally supposed to leave at 11:30. Yay, right?

I spent the flight alternating between working for the day job, working on my romance novel (building my new plot threads into Scrivener), doing a crossword puzzle (either they've gotten easier or I was in the zone, because I finished it all without any assistance from the answer sheet), and reading a book. It was all quite a lovely interlude, despite the delay, and I feel oddly refreshed for it. Now, though, it's one a.m. in Ann Arbor and I should really try to make it to the office by nine; luckily the office is right across the street, but still, sleep is important. Goodnight!

No comments: