Sunday, March 28, 2010

saturday nights and sunday mornings

I had a v. lazy day today, which is uncalled for; I need to be writing furiously if I'm going to meet my self-set deadline, but since there are many valid reasons why I set the deadline I did, I don't want to let it slip, so I need to make progress. However, today was a family day; my sister and her family came over for lunch and stayed for a few hours, so I spent the afternoon catching up with my nieces and nephew (Zane turned sixteen on Thursday, can you believe it? and Sammi's high school graduation is in May). My father grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, and my mother made baked beans, so it was all delicious. My father also braved the wilds of our old house to retrieve the high chair that my brother and I used when we were little; it was one of the items that had never made it over here when they initially vacated the place three years ago, but we needed it for Jaicee. He took a shotgun and a flashlight with him, since the power is shut off and the interior is deteriorating to the point that it would be wholly unsurprising to stumble upon a raccoon hanging out in the kitchen -- but he emerged unscathed and rabies-free, so that was nice.

Anyway, the family left around mid-afternoon, and I had just fallen asleep on the couch when Gram came out to say hi. She only stayed for a few minutes, and when she left, I promptly slept through most of the Duke/Baylor game, waking up just in time to see Baylor lose (sorry, Big 12). I then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening being lazy; we ate leftover chicken and noodles with fresh mashed potatoes for dinner, watched "The Amazing Race", "Undercover Boss", and "Cold Case", and surfed mindlessly on the internet.

It's time for me to go to bed; tomorrow is a Monday, and I intend to get back into the writing tomorrow while my family works, so sleep is essential. Goodnight!

No comments: