Wednesday, March 03, 2010

you're driving me crazy, when are you coming home?

This is a four-minute post. Today was somehow both productive and incredibly frustrating at the same time. It was productive in the sense that I accomplished the only real work task I had for the day, got my work laptop fixed so that it would stop crashing every time I turned on the sound, finished my short story for class, participated in class, worked for an hour when I got home, and did the dishes. It was unproductive in the sense that fixing the laptop involved giving it up and having no laptop for nearly four hours, I wasn't happy with my story (it needed at least two more drafts), I didn't know what the reading assignment was for this class and so wasn't able to totally fully participate in the discussion even though THE AUTHOR OF THE BOOK was in class tonight, and I didn't want to work when I got home but had to anyway.

But, all's well that ends well, as the Ingallses would say. Class was still v. interesting despite the fact that I wasn't prepared, and it was good to hear another debut author talk about her process even if her writing and subject matter is v. different from mine. And I'm shaping up to have a good week at work; if my laptop doesn't die tomorrow and I'm able to get stuff done, I should go into the weekend without any looming tasks, and the ability to write to my little heart's content.

Now, though, my four minutes are up, and I should really be in bed *right now* if I want to get seven hours of sleep tonight. I intend to wear these ridiculous heels that arrived from Zappos today, and I will need to be well-rested in order to maintain my balance and keep from falling on my face tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: