Tuesday, March 02, 2010

hold on to that feeling

I procrastinated just a little bit too much tonight, and as a result, I'm not feeling very good about the story that I have to turn in during my class tomorrow night. I haven't been to class in a month anyway, so I'm already the slacker kid (and since I'm probably the second- or third-youngest person in the class other than the lecturer, kid is exactly what I seem like) -- but I'm going to have to find some spare moments between work and class tomorrow to pull it all together.

Anyway, other than my brooding over my story, today was a good day. Adit and I drove down to the glorious south bay together, and we spent most of the commute discussing our favorite topic (the sound and permutations of "Wamp") before I kicked him out at his office. Then, I proceeded to my office, where I spent the day slogging in anticipation of a meeting with the big boss at two p.m. I stayed there until almost four, had an aborted meeting with someone else, and made it out of work before five p.m., which enabled me to get back to the evil city before the traffic kicked in. Vidya and I shared a v. brief moment in that we both realized that our cars were next to each other on the off-ramp leading into the city, but it of course wasn't meant to last. Once here, I ran to the grocery store to pick up a pork chop, then came home, slogged for the day job for a couple of hours, talked to my parents, made dinner (pork chop, sweet potato fries, and green beans, yummy in my tummy), thought about my story, got pinged by the big boss and so slogged again, and then wrote for an hour. And now, even though I'm not done, I'm going to go to sleep anyway; part of turning over a new leaf is getting ample sleep, and I will feel better and more productive for it in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments: