Thursday, March 04, 2010

the oboe may be barely breathing

Do you know those days where you're actually quite productive, but it ends up seeming like you accomplished nothing at all? I was sadly thirty minutes late to my boss's senior staff meeting due to rain (although luckily I was able to call in on the phone), and then slogged diligently all day. But, the morning was consumed with an expense report from hell, and the afternoon involved getting caught up on a whole lot of emails.

Then, happily, the evening became more fun; I talked to my parents briefly, then had dinner with Dave (my former boss) at the restaurant we usually go to in Mountain View. It was great to catch up, even though I ate way too much, which made the drive back to the city (particularly in the rain) a little challenging. I also talked to Katie -- we're trying to coordinate a weekend getaway to somewhere nice and sunny, since we're both sick of the rain and gloom of our current towns. I made it home eventually, and I've been watching bits and pieces of "Snatch" with Adit over some internet surfing. I love how ridiculous this movie is, and I could stay up and watch the whole thing -- but I want to write tomorrow, so it's time for bed instead. Goodnight!

4 comments:

~Wamp said...

I'm going to blame Huey's lack of enunciation on this one... but in addition to the oboe, the old boy also was struggling to catch his breath.

Sara said...

Huey clearly has a speech impediment. And it's clearly oboe - it is a wind instrument, after all. I just always thought Huey was being clever picking an orchestral wind instrument that was dying off!

Anonymous said...

Did your box of magnets arrive? Slater

Sara said...

@Slater - yes! I'm so sorry I didn't thank you - they are awesome. I put them all over my fridge and Adit and I have been making phrases with them - so cool! Thanks!