Sunday, March 14, 2010

sorry, i cannot hear you, i'm kinda busy

I'm quite pleased with what I accomplished today, even if I did succumb to some procrastination throughout the process. I woke up of my own accord around eight a.m., showered, did the dishes, took care of some tings, and left the apartment around ten a.m. It was a brilliantly sunny day in the city of sin, even if it was a bit chilly, and so I took my notebook and went to Samovar in Yerba Buena Gardens. As usual, it was a perfect place to write; with some delicious masala chai steaming beside me, I was on a roll...

...and then Shedletsky showed up, betting that I would be there (and obviously he was right). He's attending a gaming convention near Samovar, and while he lives in San Francisco, I think the last time I saw him was before Christmas (which shows how remiss I have been with my social life). Since the last time I saw him was at Samovar, he knows that I like the place, and so he joined me for an hour and had a masala chai of his own. It was good to catch up, even if I did take a forced break from the writing.

After he left, I wrote for another hour, then left Samovar before being tempted to order a third chai, which might have given me a heart attack. I relocated to the cafe inside the Borders inside the Westfield Shopping Centre, where I spent two more hours writing before coming back to my apartment around five p.m. All told, I edited two big scenes and wrote 1500 new words (around six pages), which I then spent the evening entering into Scrivener. I'm pretty pleased with what I got done today, but there's still a long slog ahead before I'm finished...

I should have continued editing later tonight, but by the time I finished putting the edits into my laptop, it was almost eight p.m. So, I procrastinated for a bit, ordered pizza from Pizza Hut (true to my midwestern roots, despite the availability of "better" pizza in the general vicinity), and then finished reading "The Last Summer of the World" for my creative writing class. And now, rather than going out like any normal girl my age, I'm going to go to bed so that the time change tomorrow doesn't completely destroy my desire to get up and continue my productivity. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have your Auntie B bake you a cake. Scrumptious!!

The word today is "diasess" Given that the first three lettes are my agency initials there is lots of room to create a meaning. Slater