Friday, March 12, 2010

you are believing your own story

Apologies again for the lack of a post last night; I tried, I really did! However, I'm home tonight, and so I shall blog even though what I really want to do is go to bed.

Cirque du Soleil last night was absolutely awesome. I went with my friend Chris (of Chris and Natasha fame; Chris was also in India with me) because Natasha had a work event and couldn't go. We went with Natasha's brother and his girlfriend, so it was kind of funny that I was there, but the show was so amazing that it was worth it. Chris had gotten tickets through work -- even though we work in the same place, there weren't tickets for everyone, only tickets for one specific group. Chris got amazing ones, though -- six rows back, right in the center, so we could see everything. I'd never been to a Cirque du Soleil performance before, but it was incredible -- I don't understand how humans can do some of the things they do, particularly not night after night after night. If you have a chance to see this particular show ("Ovo"), I highly recommend -- it was really cool!

As mentioned before, I spent last night at Chris and Natasha's place, which was v. nice since it gave me a chance to see Natasha, and also meant that I slept for six and a half hours instead of five. The sleep was key, because I slogged like a maniac today; the big boss is on a productivity kick, which means I have to go on the same kick, and so I had a ton to do. I took a break late in the afternoon to meet up with Vidius for coffee and get her expert help picking out a pair of glasses (I have extra flex spending money left over from last year that I have to spend by Saturday, and glasses seemed like the easiest, most useful way to blow it). Then, I drove back to the city of sin, where I slogged for another three hours while watching an episode of Craig and an episode (from a few weeks ago) of "Project Runway". Hopefully the big boss will be satisfied with what I've done sometime soon -- but luckily I'm going to Ann Arbor in a couple of weeks and then taking a week off to go home after that, so I'll get a break regardless.

And now, I must go to bed -- luckily I'm working out of the city tomorrow, meaning I get another good night's sleep, but this weekend is critical for making forward progress with the book. Goodnight!

No comments: