Saturday, November 28, 2020

push the trigger and i pull the thread

I had a pretty nice day, all in all, but the Sunday Scaries and the return to work are starting to creep up. I spent the morning journaling / drinking coffee / making a lot of to-do lists, and I was curled up under my blanket and didn't want to leave - but I successfully rallied and went over to Katie's for an outdoor lunch. It was only in the low fifties and this is not something we ever would have done in the beforetimes, but in the year of the rona it's imperative to find ways to get together despite the weather.

So, Katie ordered brunch (pork belly hash for me, + margaritas for both of us) delivered to her back yard, and we hung out for a few hours. There was still snow everywhere, but the sun was shining enough that it was almost pleasant, and I survived with a thick sweatshirt, a vest, my winterweight leggings, and my uggs. We hung out outside for a couple of hours, and also walked around the block to grab coffees from a pop-up stand; it was the first coffee someone has made for me in a couple of months, and while walking there and back + getting it while wearing a mask wasn't the way I used to spend my Saturdays, this one felt pretty good.

Needless to say, it was a v. delightful afternoon...but as soon as the sun slipped behind the trees around four, it suddenly felt chilly and the fun came to an abrupt end. So I came home and immediately jumped on a friendship renewal call with Joann, Jen, and Jane, which was also entertaining. And then I messed around, ate some leftover ham balls, messed around some more, refreshed my memory about inbreeding and the infamous Hapsburg jaw, and am now considering going to bed. It's only 11:26, but I need to start shifting my sleep a little earlier and going to bed at 1am tomorrow night won't cut it, so tomorrow would be a good time to practice getting up. Goodnight!

No comments: