Sunday, November 22, 2020

stacking up my house of cards

Today was better than yesterday, which was a relief. I got plenty of sleep, got up, did some journaling, took a shower, and reheated some oatmeal in time for a writing date with Veronica. We didn't actually end up writing - instead we talked for ninety minutes, which was delightful and very much needed. Then I made lunch, ate lunch, and talked to [censored] for an hour or so.

After that, Katie showed up - she and her family were out for a drive and they drove past my house, so they sat on the curb and said hi. This was v. abbreviated since they didn't get out of the car and I didn't have shoes on (and the sidewalk was chilly even though it was a nice day for November), but it was nice to wave at each other. Then I messed around a bit, started some laundry, threw some potatoes in the oven to bake, and took a walk while I talked to my parents.

The potatoes were for a batch of twice-baked potatoes, which I deeply love - I've discovered the joy of having them in the freezer so that I can have one when I feel like it, but I was out of frozen ones. So I made a batch tonight, and paired it with a perfect reverse-sear ribeye - I have been eating v. well in quarantine, so at least I have that going for me.

Then I folded laundry and cleaned up my kitchen. And then I painted my toenails and gave myself a gel manicure while watching a couple of episodes of Padma Lakshmi's Taste the Nation (still great!). And now I should sleep - I have grand plans this week, and I want to get cracking. That also includes staying of twitter the whole week - I made that somewhat impromptu declaration to V today, although I was thinking it last night after binging twitter yesterday, and I'm going to stick to it, if only because that time would be better spent writing or reading or doing literally anything else. Goodnight!

No comments: