Thursday, November 19, 2020

thursday doesn't even start

Today was another long-ish day in the pixel mines. Luckily, tomorrow is 'no meeting Friday', which means I only have 4.5hrs of meetings, which practically feels like a luxury.

So today, I woke up, made some coffee, and used my new Instant Pot steel cut oatmeal technique to make oatmeal while I showered. This was brilliant, since it's pretty easy to dump oatmeal, water, and a pinch of salt into an instant pot and turn it on and leave it alone. So I showered, drank some coffee, scooped out some oatmeal, and got to my laptop in time for an 8:30 meeting....

...and then had meetings straight until one, when I had a half hour break. I broke down and ordered a poke bowl since I was basically chained to my desk, and I timed it well enough that it arrived close to a break between meetings so that I could grab it and a pair of chopsticks and then eat it during a meeting. But I took a long break starting around 4:30 - I walked to the post office, dropped off a couple of returns, and bought some Christmas stamps. Then I came home and called my dad - it's his birthday today (happy birthday!) and so we had a long chat about tractors and corn prices and mice and Kansas and chickpeas, among other things.

Then I finished making my chickpea stew (the Alison Roman recipe that was ubiquitous earlier in the year - I still like it), ate my chickpea stew while browsing twitter, and was tempted to go to bed at eight. But I rallied and worked for a couple of hours, which means I'm fully caught up on email - I would like to take all next week off, and this makes me feel more confident that I will be able to.

And now I need to go to bed so I can finish the week strong - goodnight!

No comments: