Thursday, November 12, 2020

somebody's calling you out for somеthing you never said

I meant to go to bed an hour ago, but if I close my laptop as soon as I'm done typing, I can salvage my bedtime. Today was good, all in all - I got up in time to write before work, and I snacked my way through the day (the last of my leftover hash and eggs; a bologna sandwich for lunch; an apple and some peanut butter; a charcuterie plate with soppressata, cheese, and almonds). Some of my meetings were vaguely annoying, but I survived them. And then I wrote again after work, since I had a writing date set up with Veronica and Anne - we're all doing nanowrimo, so it's been great to reconnect (albeit completely virtually).

But by 6:45 I was done with working/writing. So I made my charcuterie plate, finished my glass of wine, and read the rest of NINTH HOUSE. It was excellent - it had started out slow, but it was really good and twisty since it was basically a magical murder mystery (and with Yale secret societies, which is my jam). Only bummer is that I thought it was a standalone and it is instead the beginning of a series, and the next book likely won't be out until 2022. But, it already got optioned by Amazon Studios for a tv show, so hopefully that means the next book will actually come out at some point because I have feelings about that ending.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: