Thursday, November 26, 2020

your face is all that i see, i'll give you everything

I had a pretty nice vacation day, all in all. I slept in, made coffee, wrote (yay), talked to Katie (also yay, I guess), showered, and had leftover Indian food for lunch. I did about thirty minutes of day job work, but it was related to planning fun activities and I was stressed about it when I woke up (there is a deadline for fun, related to closing out our financial reporting for the year, so it's a bit of a high pressure situation). So, I was relieved that I got that done and can enjoy the rest of the week.

Then I took a walk - it was still chilly, but most of the sidewalks had melted off, so I walked down to my beloved cheese shop to buy myself some treats for this weekend. Then I came home, put things away, and had a class with Alyssa, which lasted about two hours. At that point, it was time to make dinner, so I tried a new recipe for chicken and mushrooms, which I had with mashed potatoes, and it was really tasty. While I was cooking, I talked to Terry (again, yay) and drank a glass of chardonnay (with the excuse that I needed wine for deglazing the pan - but the other excuse is that it's the apocalypse).

Then I was going to write, or perhaps read, but instead I went down a three-hour wikipedia rabbit hole on nuclear disasters, followed by space shuttle explosions; believe it or not, this is a good sign, since I often go down these weird rabbit holes when I'm getting deep into a book. But while it may be a good sign in theory, right now I should really sleep - goodnight!

No comments: