Monday, November 16, 2020

she's a silver lining

I didn't sleep well last night, mostly because I probably should have worked last night and didn't, and so woke up in the middle of the night with my head racing with all the things I needed to do. But I was able to fall back asleep, and I enjoyed my coffee with some journaling before work, and so I was able to recover my equilibrium. I slogged pretty hard all day (although perhaps not hard enough), then stopped around six so that I could get on with my evening.

My evening was not particularly productive, as it turns out. But I did make eggplant tricolore to use up the eggplant in my fridge before it went bad; I didn't eat it tonight, but it's better after spending some time in the fridge anyway, so I'll have a v. tasty lunch tomorrow. While that was cooking, I heated up last night's bouef bourguignon, and it was even better tonight - exactly the kind of decadent winter cooking I adore, especially with mashed potatoes.

Then I messed around online, texted with [censored] and Drewbaby, ordered some more Christmas stuff (we've entered the decor hoarding stage of the pandemic, but I'm pretty excited to put solar-powered LED lights on the miniature pine tree in my front yard), and generally chilled. And now I think I'll try to go to bed early so that I can get up early and tackle stuff I should have done tonight....

...but one last thing! In my mindless internet browsing I discovered that gluten free Oreos are coming in 2021! And that means I could make Oreo blizzards at home...cookies and cream anything is one of the things I miss most about the gf life, so this is v. exciting news. 2021 is already looking promising, even though we're going to slog through tens of thousands of covid deaths to get there.

And on that note, stay safe and goodnight!

No comments: