Monday, August 31, 2026

turn the car around

I had a v productive day in the city of sin - probably because I did not indulge in any sin (beyond some basically free wine at the hotel bar). I woke up shockingly early (thanks to time zones), grabbed some coffee downstairs, and journaled v pleasantly for almost an hour. Then I got ready and took a waymo to work - I'm now in the early access for waymos that go on the freeway, which was pretty smooth and also cut some time from my commute. The future is here in SF, even if it isn't anywhere else. 

Then I slogged all day, through a variety of back to back meetings, which were both great and exhausting. So eventually I left the office, took muni back (since mass transit is still cheaper/faster than waymo even if you have to deal with infinitely more people), decompressed in my room, and then went downstairs with my laptop to work / eat protein / drink wine / talk to the bartender, whom I've known since right before the pandemic.

This was all accomplished in fine fashion, but now my body is rebelling since it's almost midnight in Iowa, so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: