Monday, August 31, 2026

heavy foot

No blog tonight - I got up relatively early, finished packing, took care of various tings around the house, and left at eleven to head south. Usually I fly out of Des Moines, but United has a nonstop from Kansas City to San Francisco, and its current schedule is at hours that are amenable for driving several hours to the airport.

So I tested this new itinerary today. It required leaving an hour and a half earlier than I usually leave when flying out of Des Moines, but I was able to park in the garage adjacent to the terminal, and they had Clear+Precheck lanes, so getting through security took only a few minutes longer than Des Moines. That left me plenty of time to have a burger and a glass of wine before takeoff - I could have been half an hour later getting there, but I'm glad I didn't have the stress.

My flight was pretty bumpy in parts, but the fact that we didn't have to land and takeoff in Denver was a real plus. And I got to SF with no issues, got to my hotel, unpacked, had dinner, read/journaled a bit, and now need to sleep immediately because I'm already falling asleep with the lights on and can do better than that. Goodnight!

No comments: