Tuesday, September 01, 2009

the taste of her cherry chapstick

It's 11:52pm and I intended to go to bed two hours ago, but work and my shiny new MacBook Pro got in the way. Unfortunately, the MacBook didn't get in the way quite as much as I would have liked; while I did plug it in, turn it on, almost get motion sickness from the intro video, and do some basic configuration stuff, I didn't get to play with it nearly as much as I wanted. I think I'll spend some quality time this weekend getting used to it, transferring files, and hopefully writing on it. But tonight was all about work -- random stuff wrapping up from the conference I planned a couple of weeks ago, which is apparently a never-ending project.

But, work wasn't all that bad; other than the fact that I managed to kill the hydrangea that someone got me after only three days (apparently the sun scorched all the blooms over the weekend), things were quite good. I spent some quality time debriefing with the big boss re:the conference today, and since I really admire and respect her, this was a nice meeting to have. I also had an mmm...toasty sub from Quiznos, talked to my parents, saw Adit briefly to exchange cars, got lost attempting to get out of Mountain View (embarrassing, I know, since I've been in the area for ten years), and had an uneventful drive back to the city of sin. Now, I really must go to bed -- in order to make it to my 8am meeting tomorrow, I need to get up in about six hours, which is going to brutalize me. Goodnight!

1 comment:

f...... said...

random little kid story. i was amazed when a 2.5-year-old girl at church whipped out her tube of Peeps Lip Balm and nonchalantly uncapped it, puckered, took a few decisive circular swipes to her lips, capped it, and smacked and rolled her lips to finish. And, all without a mirror mind you... I don't know if I was more impressed by her mad skillz or the fact that Peeps makes lip balm.