Monday, September 28, 2009

all the things she said running through my head

Today was a perfectly lovely day. I was at approximately 95%; despite the copious amounts of champagne and rum that I downed last night (in addition to a shot of whisky for the troops), I was feeling quite chipper this morning. Heather and I woke up around 9am, got ready, and had a delicious hotel brunch buffet with the remnants of the wedding guests. We also got to say goodbye to Pete and Bridget, who looked none the worse for their night of debauchery. Then, we took a nap for an hour, checked out of the hotel, returned the rental car, hung out at the airport, and had an uneventful flight back to San Francisco.

I spent some quality time today on the phone with my parents, and also some quality time with a romance novel. I then had an evening of extreme family time -- Adit's fiancee Priyanka is visiting for the month, and she got to witness first-hand the lovely ritual that is Sunday night family time. We bickered and sniped at each other while watching "60 Minutes", "Mad Men", part of the new Ken Burns documentary on the national park system, and "Entourage". I also continued reading the romance novel that I started on the plane -- Tessa Dare's "Goddess of the Hunt", which my agent recommended that I read because the chick got a six-figure contract based on that debut book. So far so good; I intend to finish it soon (perhaps tonight), so that Priyanka and I can dissect it together while Adit listens on in complete disgust and dismay.

So that was my weekend -- all in all, quite lovely, although I'm sure I'll pay for it with far too much drama at work this week. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

600,000. What's that? Do I hear $750,000? Slater