Thursday, September 24, 2009

tell the truth...you never wanted me

This is a four-minute post, if I can last that long. Today was a good day at work, but I really wasn't nearly as productive as I should have been; I miraculously only had an hour and a half of scheduled meetings, but I managed to squander most of the free time by taking care of small tasks rather than using the time to focus on big ones. I was also avoiding giving some news that I wasn't looking forward to giving, which made me feel rather ill in classic avoidance-stress fashion. But, I successfully gave it, and I had an otherwise nice afternoon and evening.

I left the office around 7:45; that was much later than I would usually want to leave, but I was keeping an eye on the 511 traffic website, and traffic was abysmal later into the evening than it should be. So, I left at 7:45, procrastinated a bit longer by getting coffee at Philz and filling up my gas tank, and finally left the south bay. I made it home by 9pm, spent an hour packing, did dishes, and now am getting ready for bed.

We'll see how much I blog this weekend - I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for San Juan Capistrano, where my friend and former direct report Pete is getting married. The wedding is in the mission at San Juan Capistrano, and the reception is in some gorgeous villa nearby; from what I've heard from Pete, this is going to be off the hook. And, since it's an Irish Catholic and an Italian Catholic marrying each other, I'm expecting to get very drunk while still being on the relatively sober end of the attendee spectrum. So, it should be fun - and if you're lucky, you'll get a drunk blog post out of me, which I'm sure you're looking forward to.

Four minutes are up - it's time for bed! (oh, and by the way, the news I had to deliver was actually v. good for me - I'm taking on a new role, which I shall explain later) Goodnight!

No comments: