Saturday, September 12, 2009

and i need you more than ever

Even though it's still v. early for a Saturday, I'm going to go to bed right after this; I didn't sleep nearly enough last night, since I went to bed after two, woke up at five to some intense (and v. rare, uncharacteristic) thunder and lightning, then woke up again for good around eight. Theoretically, getting up that early should have made me productive, but I really did absolutely nothing all day. Adit and I watched tennis, then watched multiple movies (including "EdTV" and "Wall-E" -- verdict is that I adored "Wall-E", and still adore Matthew McConaughey regardless of how awful his movies are). At some point, I thought about taking a nap, but Claudia called, and we caught up for the first time in months. I also did some desultory reading of a book about plotting novels, but I was having difficulty staying awake while reading.

The only other thing I did today was go out for a ridiculous dinner with Adit, Katrina, and Omar. We had some truly delicious Thai food (great panang and green curries, an excellent seafood and eggplant dish, and a good spicy soupy noodle dish), and some truly atrocious conversation that made me feel vaguely guilty every time I looked up and made eye contact with the innocent three-year-old eating with her parents across the restaurant. Now, though, I really must sleep -- I need to do some serious work for the day job tomorrow, and then hopefully I'll get back into the writing groove at some point. Goodnight!

No comments: