Saturday, September 12, 2009

birthday sex

Sadly, there was no birthday sex today -- but, that was the song I woke up to this morning. Adit had a friend staying over last night, and he played this "Birthday Sex" song at 7:30am as I opened the presents from my parents. Then, I got ready and went into the San Francisco office for a couple of hours, where unfortunately too many things happened that will necessitate me working over the weekend :(

But, I successfully escaped and went to Samovar, where I had a nice quiche and masala chai. Then, I went to CB2, where I purchased the nine-block cube that I had my eye on, as well as a couple of tack boards for the wall above my bed. I spent the rest of the afternoon talking to my parents, cleaning my room, taking a nap, talking to my Koolwal, talking to my brother, and getting ready to go out for the evening. The first stop of the evening was dinner at Little Star Pizza, which is my favorite deep-dish place in the city; I was quite happy to see that Adit, Vidya, John, Jess, Oniel, Javier, Lily, and Folkman all made it out to celebrate, and the arrival process was incredibly smooth (facilitated by Adit and Vidya standing in line for an hour for the rest of us). We had a totally lovely time, and were amused to note that it was the same place that I celebrated my birthday at two years ago, when we agreed to start calling Oniel "Fauxneil", much to his chagrin.

So the dinner was awesome; we followed it up by going to the Rite Spot for drinks + pie. The pie was fantastic -- the bartender made a key lime pie and a black-and-blueberry pie, both of which were incredible. I had several drinks (actually, only three drinks, but two of them were very strong shots), and spent some time socializing with the crew from dinner + Felicia, Shedletsky, Katrina, Julie, Tom, Rat, and Shari. Felicia gave me the most amazing gift -- the same model of shark puppet that Craig Ferguson uses in his opening monologues!!! I had fun playing with it while taking kamikaze shots (v. inappropriately in honor of my birthday), talking to people, and watching John get inappropriately touched by a gay guy at the bar.

I'm quite happy to report that, while the morning and afternoon of my birthday left much to be desired, my friends definitely helped to make the evening a night to remember. Thanks so much for all the well-wishes -- now it's time for bed!

No comments: