Wednesday, September 23, 2009

london calling

I really want to go back to London, or venture further afield and take on Paris. I'm feeling a little antsy about the fact that I haven't been abroad since England/Scotland in May 2008 -- a year and a half is much too long. Unfortunately for my wanderlust, I got invited to some beta test of a site that is selling discounted rooms in ultra-luxe hotels, which means I'm going to be drooling over them all the time. I have a feeling that planning a vacation is in my future...

Today was a totally fine day. My morning was uneventful (and nice -- I got up late and went to work at the tail end of rush hour, which gave me more energy for the day even if I didn't get as much done). Then I had lunch, had some meetings, had some good conversations with Vickie and Marci, and generally just tried to stay caught up in a world that is determined to pull me down. I topped it all off with dinner with Dave at the Italian restaurant in Mountain View that we usually go to; it was nice to see him, even though it's not that infrequent since he's usually out here at least twice a quarter, but having him in person is still better than having him so remote.

When I got home, I did some work while watching an episode of Craig. I had intended to write tonight, but I'm just too tired -- we'll see what tomorrow holds.

Finally, happy birthday Walter!! Also, happy anniversary to Katie and James -- this is quite the red-letter day. Congrats!

No comments: