Friday, September 18, 2009

i don't wanna come back down from this cloud

I had a great day today; I think I'm clawing my way out of my local minima, and I'm looking forward to getting a lot done this weekend. I had some meetings, had some downtime, had a nice lunch with Maeve (whose last day before maternity leave was today), spent some quality time with Gyre, Joy, and my team, and sold my second laptop (the one that I accidentally ordered at the same time that I ordered my new Apple; I sold it for less than I paid for it, but more than the shipping + 15% restocking fee that I would have paid if I returned it). So, all in all, it was a good work day; I have a bit of stuff that I should do this weekend, but nothing super complicated, so I'm happy about that.

After work, Joy and I went to the bar down the street from our office, where several people were having drinks with Thomas, the director who departed last week and threw me into a funk since he's been around forever and actually managed the temp program when I joined way back in the day. Roy, who was the head of the India office when Thomas and I were both there, organized the event, so I got to catch up with a couple of former expats and say a more proper goodbye to Thomas over cheap happy-hour chardonnay. I finally left at little before eight p.m. to make my way back to the evil city, where I've contemplated my list of tasks for the weekend and debated how to go about refilling my well of creativity or whatever.

Now though, even though it's super early, I'm going to go to bed; I want to get up in the morning and be productive, so staying up all night isn't in the cards. Goodnight!

No comments: