Saturday, September 05, 2009

i'll wait for you where saturday's a memory

Really, today was an absolutely lovely day. I slept until ten, which enabled me to make a near-full recovery from my night of debauchery (which really wasn't that much debauchery -- I was in more pain from too much Mexican food and too much chips and guac than I was from the aftereffects of scotch and margaritas). When Adit and Zach were done with their wedding duties, we + Katrina + the groom (Peder aka Timmy Timer) + a couple of other groomsmen had lunch at a deli in Aptos. It was ridiculously good; they were rotisserie'ing multiple chickens and tritips on the grill outside, and so my southwestern chicken sandwich with chipotle mayo and pepperjack cheese was out of this world delicious.

We hung out for another hour or so at the house, but I reluctantly had to leave the glory of the beach environment for the still-glorious-in-a-different-way scene of the peninsula. My friends Natasha and Chris are getting married next month, and Natasha's bridal shower was at her mom's house this afternoon. I've known Chris from way back, since we've worked together for years and were in India together as well; Natasha is a newer friend, but I've gotten to know her very well since we co-planned the sales conference, and so I'm v. happy for both of them. The shower was tons of fun; I left after the second game, which involved dressing a "bride" with some random supplies. I was my team's bride, and ended up in a "gown" made of newspaper and paper doilies. It was quite good, actually -- very well done, and I will try to post a picture sometime soon. But for now, I really must go to bed; if I'm going to write this weekend, I need to wake up tomorrow morning and start getting things done. Goodnight!

No comments: