Saturday, September 05, 2009

an ocean breeze puts the mind at ease

Yes, we made fun of the embroidered pillow sitting on the sofa of our rented beach house, which included the trite phrase listed in the title of this post. But, I will say that the sentiment is entirely accurate; even though I seriously intended to go to bed, and in fact was in my pajamas and had turned down the previous offer to go to the beach, I was convinced by Adit's appealing phone call. I'm glad that I was convinced; while the first thing that I saw on the beach was a dead seal, everything else was perfect. It's rare that a northern California beach is relatively warm and entirely clear, so we were able to see the almost full moon and some of the brightest stars in the sky. There was still too much light pollution to see a lot of stars, but the night was perfect and we shared some Maker's Mark out of the bottle as we walked along the ocean. All in all, it was a lovely evening, even if we got back to the house at two a.m. and I'm too old for this shit.

Now I'm going to bed for reals...goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this post is one of your worst posts ever.